Friday, August 24, 2007

My Rant for.....this afternoon

As I watch the 100th debate for the 2008th presidential election (in August of 07) I can't help but get this sinking feeling that we are all going to "hell in a handbag." All the Democratic candidates have pushed the "blue plate special" by this I am referring to being Pro-Choice, For Civil Unions, and (the one I can't stand the most) National health Care.
I can't help but think about all the government blunders over the past YEAR! From the 600 plus million dollar mistake about passports this year to the 20 Billion dollars that states are going to need for the Real ID act over the next ten years (that the fed will not fund), just to name a few. But yet, some how, these are same people that are going to be able to management the health care system for the entire nation and not bankrupt us??? I can see it know, 15 billion dollars more need for National Health Care because 10% more people caught the flu than we expected, even though the CDC told us last year to expect it. I could go on and on, but I would just get lost.And before anyone asks, yes I do think our health care systems is not what is should be, but NO I do not think the GOVERNMENT of all people could make it any better. It would be like putting gas on blazing fire.

Enough about health care.

On the other side of the spectrum we have the Republican candidates where, most of them as well, as bought their sides "Blue Plate Special" with few exceptions , I'll take about them in a minute. Also every single one of these guys wants to stay in IRAQ (No I'm not an Anti-War liberal) and continue to borrow money from China (which I DO have a problem with) just to continue this war. If we have to stay there, fine, then lets (as a nation) actually DECLARE War go over there in FULL force and WIN! Sure I know it wouldn't be that easy, but dammit, lets stop pussy footing around and get the job done, and bring our troops home. I would also say, lets change the rules of engagement so our troops can actually do the job we are asking them to do. I would rather a troop made a mistake and accidentally killed a few civilians rather than seeing even one of them get killed because they were afraid of getting court martialed for violating the rules of engagement. Sorry but I value the life , of our troops, more than any civilians of another country.

Meanwhile, in the midst of all the "Blue plate special" (Dem and Rep) candidates we have trying to get nominated /elected for the presidency I can only think of one that I actually "want" to vote for. Ron Paul. He is one of the few Republicans that have not bought the "Blue Plate" but has chosen the "Constitutional" plate. I'm not going to get into a big Pro-Ron Paul speak here, even though I would like to, because I want people to check him out and not just take my word for it.

Well, thats it for now.
More rants to follow, of that I am sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I agree with the majority of your rant, bringing home our troops would be a very very bad move! Would be ok to rotate our troops, but we are there now and WE SHOULD NEVER EVER LEAVE!!!!! EVER!!!!!! You will never be able to domesticate the assbackwards tribal fucks. They are so far behind the powercurb that they will never be able to catch up. However, most of the people that I have met from the middle east are highly intellegent well educated and honorable folk that just want to live peacefully in their part of the world. Unfortunately, they are held hostage by the highly radical extremists that have controlled these regions through fear and intimidation for centuries. LEAVE U SAY? FUCK THAT! Lets stay and keep helping the helpless to develop some balls so that they can stand up to these fucking Religious Bully's, and if that doesnt work, I say lets play by their rules for the next century or so. Personally, there is only one cure for any group of people who offers an ultimatum of switching to their religion or be killed. Need I say more?

Capt. TILII

Anonymous said...

PS, Who the fuck is Ron Paul. If he can fire a weapon in anger I'll
vote for him.............

Capt. TILII